Funeral Costs – Price Transparency
We are committed to price transparency and will provide clear written estimates with no obligation. We will be open and honest with you about what costs are associated with caring for your loved one and for funeral arrangements – please open our funeral price guide for further information.
After you have discussed with us about the type of funeral you wish to be arranged, we will provide an estimate of the costs involved. You can make changes to your requirements at this stage if you wish, but do remember that depending upon your specific requirements, this could affect the overall cost of the funeral.
Please do not be afraid to talk to us as soon possible if you are worried about how much things cost and how you are going to pay for the funeral. We may be able to make some adjustments or help you access any bereavement related grants that you may be eligible for. Please note: unfortunately not everyone is eligible for bereavement payments.
Our Funeral Price Guide – Options & Additional Options
A comprehensive guide to the services and products we offer to ensure the funeral arrangements are bespoke to your needs.
Our interactive Funeral Price Guide lists the fees and services relevant to caring for the deceased, arranging the funeral up to and including the day of the funeral.
Each funeral is unique so the final costs will vary, depending on your specific requirements and your wishes. Once you have discussed what you would like, we will provide a full breakdown of the fees associated in the format of a funeral estimate.
You can also download a printable copy of our Funeral Price Guide here.
Standardised Price List
All funeral directors are legally required to publish this price list for a standardised set of products and services. The aim is to help you to think through your options and make choices, and to enable you compare prices between different funeral directors.
COSTS OF THE FUNERAL
- Attention and Caring for the deceased 24 hours a day – 7 days a week – bringing your loved one into our care from home, hospital, hospice or care – nursing home in a dignified and discreet manner by fully trained staff and private vehicle to convey your loved one to our premises as a matter of priority.
- Preparation and presentation of the deceased person, including the use of a private visiting room or Chapel of Rest.
- Hygenic treatment – which may be recommended, but remains optional choice. Additional fees apply.
- Arrangement meetings with you and your family to consider all options and to plan the funeral, including ensuring all statutory and non-statutory administration requirements and arrangements are taken care of.
- Provision of staff in attendance in order that you may visit your loved one while in our care – this is inclusive within our overall service.
- Provision of a Coffin of Casket – a wide range of options are available – this cost is in addition to the professional fees.
- Provision of a hearse and funeral bearers dressed in appropriate attire, to attend the funeral.
- The receipt, listing and payment of donations to the chosen charity as instructed by the client.
In addition to our own fees, there are additional third party costs, such as fees payable for the Crematorium or Cemetery; Minister or Celebrant; funeral flowers, Death Notices, Printing of an Order of Service -Memorial Stationary, Doctors Cremation Form Fees and Webcasting Fees.
Any increases or changes to disbursement fees are beyond our control.
Our written estimate will detail the approximate cost of our professional fees and the services and funeral related products of your choice including the disbursements. However, although we are as accurate as possible with the fees associated with disbursements, we have no direct control over these charges and there may be some slight variations from the initial estimate.
We request that disbursement fees are paid 2 days in advance of the funeral.
You will receive the funeral invoice around a week after the funeral. Our terms for payment are 28 days from the date of the invoice.
Please see our Terms of Business for further information relating to payment arrangements and associated timescales.
You have the choice of which Crematorium you would prefer for the day of the funeral.
A detailed table of cremation fees can be found HERE.
Please note, cremation fees vary depending upon your choice of crematorium.
Our funeral directors will ensure the date, time and location of the cremation is appropriate to the instructions received.
The fees associated with Burial range depending upon the chosen cemetery and whether there is an existing grave.
If a grave has previously been purchased fees for the interment of the deceased are applicable. If a new grave is required, the purchase of a plot known as An Exclusive Right of Burial takes place with an additional associated fee.
Burial Fees within our local area are illustrated on the Standardised Price List.
Fees for both Cremation and Burial vary as they are third party costs.
Please contact us as soon as possible with any queries or concerns.
Social Funds to help with Funeral Costs
If you are claiming benefits, you could get help in paying for funeral arrangement expenses. You can download and fill in the Funeral Payment claim form here and send it to your local Job centre Plus for an assessment of eligibility.
You can download guidance and send it to your local Job centre Plus for an assessment of eligibility